Monday, June 10, 2013

Some Documentation about my eczema


The first time I used steroids (Desowen and Advantan) was back in 2010. I used it for a couple of months but not longer than 6 months. In April 2012 I went home for 2 months vacation, I suddenly had a minor eyelid flare up. Dermatologist prescribed me Clobetasole ointment for 7 days. Since I don‘t want to spoil my vacation I set my allergy mind aside and enjoyed my vacay. Went to the beach and enjoyed the sun. After that my eczema was not bad at all. Then I returned back in Germany. Happy days are over!

Autumn Came then my eczema is here again spreading down my neck and fingers.

The following pictures are where I have my eczema spots year 2012-2013.

I‘ve been treating them only with Protopic during my flare ups and moisturizer. Not until April 2013 that I started using Ecural Steroid Ointment for my thumb eczema

After all this time, after reading blogs and massive research on the Internet. I didn‘t know that I was suffering from Steroid induced Eczema and withdrawing from it.

After eating Chinese food I noticed the Redness on my cheeks and around the mouth last February 28, 2013. I thought it was the Mono-sodium Glutamate or MSG typically found on chinese foods.


Redness on cheeks


February 27, 2013 my knuckle is red again and right thumb is starting to itch and form tiny vesicles

Picture taken June 9, 2013-nummular eczema on right arm. I got this nummular eczema 1st week of May 2013


Picture taken June 9, 2013--My Middle finger‘s knuckle looks like an old grandma‘s knuckle from chronic eczema, it looks ok here but it‘s starting to itch again.

No comments:

Post a Comment