Monday, October 14, 2013

4 Months TSW/Protopic Withdrawal

Still nothing has changed.

Arms are still worse, spreadin like crazy, Red and itchy as usual. Hands are wrinkly.

I‘m 5 weeks away to giving birth. How time flies right? but with this TSW you can‘t feel the time moving, specially when you‘re not seeing progress or not having a god damn break!

Sleep is not in my vocab right now, I‘m really having a hard time sleeping. I sleep at 3am, wake up at 5am for itch fest. Then sleep again at 8am.

I‘m still trying my best to hang in there. This itchy red flaky skin is making me mad. But seeing other people‘s blog keeps me going and believing that one day I will heal. I will be back with my normal skin.

Protopic is one hell of a poison. I will never ever use it again!

9 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear how you are suffering so!!! Try your best to think of good thoughts of the baby coming!! Also please talk to your OB about post partum depression - not saying you will have it, but with your adrenals taking a BIG hit here, you stand a more than normal chance of developing it. I don't want to cause any worry, but just ask your doctor to screen you for it 4-8 weeks after the baby is born. I went through a semi-withdrawal during my third pregnancy 8 yrs ago and had horrible PPD. Keep on keeping on!!! You can do this!! Think of the near future when the itching will be GONE!! I dream of those days to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy! with great support system I know we can do this. I‘m thankful that my hubby is supportive of my withdrawal. I always think about my baby, busy preparing the nursery is one of my stress reliever. =) we just can‘t wait to see him and hug him. I‘ll ask my ob about it thank you! xo

      Delete
  2. At 6.5 months I still don't sleep more than three hours at a time. I've tried every single herbal supplement tea and super strong antihistamines. Nothing works. Arghhhhhhhhh I'm still wide awake every single night around 3am. My TCM says it's my liver sigh sigh god damn evil steroids!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too I, take ginger tea, chamomile tea etc. I also stopped taking antihistamines thinking that I will be addicted to it. My sleep is accompanied by pregnancy discomforts, too much thinking, frequent urinating, back pain. uggh! BUt the itch oh my! really long way to go for us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god I don't know how you are doing it. Pregnancy on top of this! You are a strong woman. I take a strong antihistamine and valerian tea and melatonin and GABA. I pass out. But I'm awake at 3am. I have had maybe two nights in six months where I slept six hours straight. Crazy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi girl
    Don't worry with the baby coming so soon you'll be to busy to think abut your soon and then you'll healed by the time you know it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa,

      i know! I‘m excited to see him and scared at the same time (first time mom). Caring for a newborn is easier than dealing with RSS. Time flies so fast I started summer complaining about the heat and now it‘s autumn complaining about the rainy cold weather haha. Soon we will get there!

      Delete
  6. I'm so glad I stumbled onto your blog! I am around day 130 of tsw and 15 weeks pregnant. My husband and I have always wanted kids but could not have them. I thought he was infertile but turns out it was the steroids making my body weird. Lol. So yes unplanned but it is hell to go thru both at the same time. I'm glad I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle!

      Sorry for the Late reply. Been busy with Mommy life. After i gave birth, My skin continued to she, but after 2-3 weeks My arms were doing Great Little by Little, the Hormones are really a Big part of TSW. Don't worry it will get better 😘

      Delete