Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Is this still Eczema or TSW?

So now I am confused after June 4, 2013 the last time I used Ecural ointment I developed Weird eczema patches on my left hand.

June 12, I‘ve decided to stop using Protopic and Elidel as well. It‘s been a week now since I stopped putting these ointment on my skin.

I don‘t know if my pregnancy is aggravating my eczema. I‘m on my 19th week by the way.

I really want to make sure that this is not Eczema anymore. I‘ve read the FAQ on the ITSAN website and I want to answer them based on my personal experience:

I do have uncontrollable, spreading eczema.- Yes, started in 2010 Eyelid Eczema, then all of a sudden down to my neck, armpits, side of the breast, finger , knuckle, arm.

I used topical steroids regularly for a period of time.

I used Desowen, Advantan for a couple of months on and off, Clobetasol for a week and there‘s this first TS that I couldn‘t recall anymore.

Topical steroids stopped working on your eczema.- Based on the answer above, Doc gave me different types of steroids. Then finally gave me Protopic in 2011 and Advantan. I used Protopic 2011 til 2013 on and off everytime I get flare ups.

When you stop using topical steroid medication, I experienced redness, burning, itching, skin is hot to the touch, swelling, and/or oozing.- I remember telling my Derm Autumn of 2010, that (Mein haut Brennt) my skin burns, it itches and it hurts. And she said I‘ve been using it for too long. I don‘t know what she meant by for too long. Advantan according to her is water based blah blah!

2013 I had my 2nd allergy test done, same old same old. Cat and dog fur, House dust mite, dust and the latest Tree pollen. Diagnosis is still Eczema!!

I haven‘t done skin biopsy yet. Doc just told me to use Protopic.

After a week of not using Protopic and 15 days steroid free, this is what I get.


Scabs around my mouth with cuts from scratching

I woke up with red and flaky forehead, eyelids, bridge of my nose and my cheeks are red.

My Lips turned dark as well, I also put TS on my lips for 3 days then another 3 days as per Doctor  prescription last May 2013.

At first the Dermatologist diagnosed the redness on my cheeks and nose as Steroid induced Rosacea. But when I got back again for a Follow up Check up, the Derm (Oberartz aka Senior Physician) assigned to me that day said that it‘s not Rosacea but rather than Eczema.

It‘s really weird because I get Eczema on the places where I never put Steroids on like my Cheeks and bridge of my nose. One factor that I‘ve read on the ITSAN website.

I guess this is my first Flare up after being Protopic and Steroid free. There‘s a long way to go, as they say. It‘s kind of depressing specially when you are pregnant. I expect to have that Pregnancy Glow or at least have my Eczema go into Remission but I guess I‘m not one of those lucky pregnant women with Eczema. This is my First Baby and I want to enjoy it despite of me looking like this. I believe that each day is one day closer to being eczema-free!


4 comments:

  1. Hello sweetie, big congratulations on your pregnancy! And your big first step towards healing too! I'm sorry that your skin is a little aggravated, but it's very common during TSW and will go away naturally. So stay strong! Enjoy your pregnancy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tommy! I really want to Touch My protopic but Said to Myself-No!! I'm just happy that my baby is healthy. No to immuno suppresants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw an interesting post on ITSAN about TSW during pregnancy today and thought of you. The title is 'For Pregnant Members from a Mom Who Endured TSW'. Also, I saw on Dr. Fukaya's blog that his Hyaluronic Solution is finally available outside Japan (http://mototsugufukaya.blogspot.jp/) if you're interested. x

      Delete
  3. That's great i saw your Post about the Solution and checked it right away Prolog about 40€ if My calculation is right. I always Check that topic whenever I'm down. Thank xo

    ReplyDelete