June 13, 2013---I went to the OB-Gyne today due to missed period and I recently found out that I‘m pregnant! 18 weeks to be exact. I was really surprised, mixed emotions. Speechless. I didn‘t know what to expect at first. Then I became worried because of all those topical creams I used for my eczema.
Today, I also called my Dermatologist and told her about my pregnancy. I wasn‘t able to talk to her personally because she was on a meeting, so I left a message to her Secretary thru the phone. The Secretary called me back to forward the message form my Derm, and guess what? she said I can still use Protopic and Elidel.-Hell no! This time I really decided to stop using them.
My legs are really itchy right now, specially before bed time. Probably from pregnancy hormones. Now I know why I am having crazy skin lately. It could be eczema or it could be my ranging hormones.
This is my first Pregnancy. I hope and Pray that he would be healthy and allergy-free.
just want to slap your dermatologist by saying u can still use protopical on your skin while pregnant. but my dr said i can use steroids while i was pregnant too as little goes thru bloodstream. SOOOO ANGRY each time i think about it. good on you for making a wise decision about ur health and ur baby's. all the best for pregnancy. This will all be worth it in the end!!
ReplyDelete