Thursday, September 12, 2013

Day 100 TSW/ Protopic free

Today marks the 100th day of me being protopic and TS free!

As for progress? it‘s too early to tell. I don‘t know exactly if I am progressing. My neck is still discolored but not as bad as before. My nape is still itchy and flaky. I can feel dry patches on my nape.

New eczema patches forming on my left index finger, thumb and ring finger! yikes! Left arms is getting worse so as the other arm.

They say withdrawal is like one step forward and 2 steps backward..

Itching is still worst at night time.

My belly is getting bigger ( and so are my thighs, they‘re rubbing together and it‘s friggin itchy). I can feel baby kicks really hard and it hurts! I‘m just enjoying pregnancy. 30 weeks down yahoo!

On the Itsan.org newest forum they tackle TSW during pregnancy and most mommies found their skin on a break for about 2 weeks after delivery then flared up again.

I‘m pretty sure pregnancy hormones plays a big role during my withdrawal.

I may not have that full blown red rash that ends at the wrist, which is the classic sign of TSW or RSS. Instead I have nummular eczema patches on my arms. I don‘t know if I am the only one withdrawing with severe nummular eczema patches. It‘s really disgusting to see.

By the way I received a package from metaderm this morning containing the Eczema cream and the eczema spray. I‘m totally surprised to see how big the items are. It doesn‘t contain steroids and it‘s all natural. I really hope it doesn‘t have hidden steroids to it. I got it as a trial kit. Thanks Metaderm for your generosity!

With Topical steroid withdrawal most people rely on vaseline, some people use cetaphil (some find ceptahil to sting on their skin) or egyptian magic cream. I used the egyptian magic cream but I didn‘t liked it. I used it for a couple of weeks but I find it not moisturizing enough, though the consistency of Egyptian magic cream is not that heavy compared to vaseline petroleum jelly. I think I reacted to beeswax or bee pollen so I stopped it.

We all have different skin types, so what works for me might not work for you and vice versa.

I really need to adjust my diet. I avoid wheat, dairy and sugar once in a while but sometimes I can‘t resist my cravings and grab me chocolate bar or choco brownie with ben and jerry‘s ice cream. It‘s hard to give up my sweet tooth!

What about you? What do you eat? Do you have a cheat day? I‘d be glad to hear your TSW diet routine.

God Bless us all and Happy Healing to us!

3 comments:

  1. hi dear, congrats on your 100 days of TSW! i'm new to this TSW network thing. i've only just found out about TSW online, but i have been thru a few TSW in the past but drs put me back on steroids afterwards and right back into the steroid addiction vicious cycle. now that i know what TSW is i will never ever go back on steroids! i'm grateful to find skin warriors like you sharing your experience it really keeps me going on difficult days. keep up the spirits and fantastic work!
    ahfaye xxx
    byebyesteroids.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi ahfaye

      You are on the right path. These poisonous steroids are killing us slowly. I don‘t want to harm my unborn baby with these ointments. It‘s like suffer now or regret later. It‘s really hard on the first few months. Up to now I couldn‘t believe that I already reached the 100th day. Still getting worst each day, seeing tiny bits of improvements and trying to cope up with the nightmare. How long have you been off from TS?

      Delete
    2. oh r u pregnant at the moment? i actually went thru TSW once (not knowing it was tSW then tho!) thru my first pregnancy it was hell :( today is my 63th day steroid-free. congrats on ur pregnancy and u are giving your baby and yourself the most precious gift ever by not using steroids! hang in there hun! xxx

      Delete