It started in October 2010, I developed a very red itchy eyelid which was diagnosed as eyelid eczema. I used Desowen and another TS on and off. But Advantan the longest Topical steroid I used prolly lasting approximately for a year. (I am really not sure how long)
All I know that from eyelid eczema, it was spreading down on my neck and armpit in 2011-2012.
The last Derm I went to, prescribed me my first steroid for the year 2013 on February 21 for 3 days for my lip eczema.
On May 11, 2013 Derm prescribed me to use the same TS for my hand eczema 2x a day for 7 days. After 3 days without TS, he once again put me into using TS this time 1x a day alternating with protopic for my thumb eczema. It was forming vesicles so he decided to use TS. He was nice and caring and all that but he was clueless about TSW. He even diagnosed the redness on my face as Steroid induced rosacea. But the Head Doctor said it isn‘t Steroid induced eczema. It is just Eczema. I have neurodematitis and there‘s nothing I can do about it.
The said treatment started on May 11- June 4 with Topical Steroid use.
JUNE 5, 2013, the first day I was steroid free.
Same old routine I kept on using Protopic for my old eczema patches ( eyelids, neck, armpit, knuckle etc) still no idea about Red skin syndrome or Topical Steroid Withdrawal.
Then I found out about RSS, ITSAN and Topical Steroid Withdrawal. I was hesistant at first but I knew it was the exact same thing I was going through.
JUNE 13, 2013 I was protopic free and It was the Day that I found out that I was 18 weeks pregnant.
I used Protopic since 2012
The problem here in Germany, If you go to a hospital based Dermatologists. They tend to rotate schedules and departments. I saw approximately 3 different Hospital based Dermatologist. Of course You‘ll gonna be needing a letter of referral from a clinic based Dermatologist before you can go to a Hospital based Doctor or a specialist.
For all I know, these Specialist knows everything but not everything. I trusted them with my skin, with my health! The Chief Dermatologist even gave me a huge tube of protopic for my uncontrollable spreading eczema telling me that the burning sensation on its first application is normal. And the side effect is just thinning of the skin etc.
If only I could turn back time, I would have not listened to them! I just hate it! I hate my skin! I hate the spreading eczema!
I have a wedding to attend to next year! it has to be fixed asap! waaaaaahhh!
I miss wearing make ups my ruby woo lipstick, my pink nouveau, Nars orgasm blush, my falsies, coats of mascaras. They are just sitting at the top of my cabinet collecting dust.
I hate this illness! topical steroid curse! I hate you!
No comments:
Post a Comment